Tuesday 31 July 2012

Knock knock...Who's there?


There's someone knocking on the door. Don't get it yet though. The place is filthy. There are dishes in the sink, the beds are unmade and the bathroom smells. You don't know who's waiting outside though. You have no clue how long they'll wait either. What you do know is that you want to make a good impression. You want to make sure that whoever is on the other side will like what they see.

What if the person on the other side is the Holy Spirit? 


You'd probably be rushing now to get the place cleaned up before letting Him in now. What are you hiding though? Sometimes we forget He's everywhere. He's seen everything and knows everything about us. Who better to help you clean up than the Holy Spirit? It's pretty obvious he can help heal you much faster than you would all by yourself. He can also point out a few dusty corners you didn't even know needed cleaning. Why wouldn't we want to let him in? 

For me, it's mostly pride. I want to do things for myself, by myself. I tend to forget that regardless of the plans I have, God's are bigger and better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment