Monday 1 April 2013

Friends

Who's going to be there when you lose your job? 
Who's going to be there for you to complain about your parents? 
Who's going to be there when you've reached your stress limit? 
Who's going to be there when you need a wake up call? 
Friends.

These are not just the "Hey, how's it going?" friends. 
These are the "I need to talk" friends. 
These are the "I know it's 3 in the morning, but" friends. 
These are the "I know you told me he wasn't 'the one', but I didn't listen" friends. 

You can sob uncontrollably to this friend.
You can pull your hair out over a guy to this friend.
You can discuss a paper that you can't even get help with to this friend.
You can talk about someone completely out of the circle to this friend.

This friend won't complain that it's too late.
This friend won't tell you to go back to sleep.
This friend won't give you any more reasons to stress.
This friend will never say "I told you so".

You don't have to see this friend every day.
You don't have to talk to this friend every day.
You don't have to worry about this friend every day.
You don't have to make any effort at all...

I'm tagging those friends in this letter, this ode to the rare breeds left. 
To the ones I will (hesitantly) take a bullet for and will always be there for.
Thank you for putting up with me. 
Thank you for always believing I will be great.
You will all be guests on my television show :)



Note: This is an edited version from a previous note written on Facebook a couple years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment